Saturday, April 14, 2018

Finn is ONE!

Oh Finny, how are you one?  

To me, you are still the little newborn we brought home from the hospital.


To me, you are still the one month old who we took for walks around our Berlin neighborhood. 


To me, you are still the two month old who we traveled with for the first time. 


To me, you are still the three month old who charmed everyone with a bow tie at his first wedding. 


To me, you are still the four month old who we traveled back to the United States with. 


To me, you are still the five month old who taught us that it's okay to let you cry yourself to sleep. 


To me, you are still the six month old who would sit in his Bumbo and help me cook dinner. 




To me, you are still the seven month old who I dropped off at daycare for the first time. 




To me, you are still the eight month old who enjoyed mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving. 


To me, you are still the nine month old who we left for the first time overnight. 




To me, you are still the ten month old who was busy exploring everything. 




To me, you are still the eleven month old who we drove across country with. 




To me, you are everything. You are the happiest of my memories and some of my toughest. I look at you and think of the hours you spent lying on your dad's chest or nursing with me.  I think of the first smiles and laughs that made me cry.  I think of each of the milestones you reached and how excited and proud we were.  I think of that smile that makes my heart melt each and every time.  I think of the sleepless nights (which there were a lot of) and how much I loved you despite my extreme exhaustion. I think of all of the times you were sick and how worried and helpless I felt.  I think of how clueless I felt in those first days and still feel sometimes.  

To me, Finn, you are joy.  Not every moment has been filled with joy, but when I think back on this year, I think of all of the joy you have given us.

I hope that you continue to live a life full of joy and know how much joy you give to us.  Happy birthday, sweet boy. We love you. 

Love, 
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment