Sunday, June 18, 2017

Mike as a Father

"Babies are gross," Mike said sarcastically.  I laughed and replied with "You're gross!"

This little banter went on for our entire time dating and the first year of our marriage, even though both of us knew we'd one day (hopefully) welcome a baby into our family, even though neither of us had been around babies for a significant amount of time, if ever.   Fast forward to April 12th, 2017 and the day that my water broke and we both knew that, regardless of how we felt about babies, ours was about to make his appearance soon (not as soon as we would have liked, but that's a different story).

I'm not sure what Mike expected when it came to love and children, but if there is anyone who loves his son, it's Mike.  From the minute Mike cut the umbilical cord, Finn had him wrapped around his finger.  Mike loves to walk around with Finn in the Ergo strapped to his chest and could spend hours playing with him on the floor or on the chouch.  It has been a blast watching him take on the role of "Dad" and I'm sure the fun has just begun.

 







They say that you fall in love with your spouse even more when you see them as a parent and I completely agree.  I cried the first time Mike held Finn and there are moments with the two of them that take my breath away every day.

My favorite picture of my favorite guys

Happy Father's Day, Mike! We love you!

PS You were right. Babies ARE gross, but they're also really freaking cute, too. :D





And happy Father's Day to all of the dads and father figures out there.  We wouldn't be the people we are without you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment