Thursday, March 16, 2017

Happy Birthday Mom!

I'm writing this post on International Women's Day in preparation for a busy week ahead, but it's fitting because there is no one who embodies everything that is so great about being a woman more than the birthday girl, my mom!

I've been thinking a lot about what it means to be a great mom recently.  I guess being pregnant will do that to you. There are tons of blogs, articles and books about the different ways to excel in motherhood, and while I've been reading them like it's my job, I've come to realize that I have the best resource a phone call away. My mom.   Being so far apart for the past year and a half hasn't been easy and there isn't anyone I miss more than my mom, but it's deepened my appreciation for her as my mom, my friend and a woman. I can't wait to watch her be an incredible grandma to our little guy and continue to be a great mom and friend to me.


Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting, child and outdoor
Both of my parents exemplified what it means to be a great spouse. I'm sure it wasn't always easy, but they are and always have been the example of what I want my marriage to look like. 

No automatic alt text available.
I think my brothers would agree that my mom was a great mom to all three of us.  She set high expectations for all of us, held us accountable for our actions, all while loving us unconditionally.  

Image may contain: indoor
One of the greatest gifts my mom ever gave me was her love of horses and animals.  It's so much fun to share that passion with her and watch her love on those big guys as much as I do. 

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoor
My mom and dad at the Women's March! I can't think of anyone who embodies what it means to be a woman more than my mom. Girl power all the way!

Happy birthday Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment